Spring 2020 deadline: July 1, 2019 New Application
Fall 2020 deadline: November 1, 2019 New Application
- NEW Application Process - click on presentation below for detailed instructions
- Essential course grade sheet (must convert to .pdf to upload to application)
- NEW PDF ELECTRONIC FORMAT
- Recommendations from instructors of online courses will not be considered.
Letters of Recommendation requests - helpful guidelines.
New Procedure: see power point link above for detailed instructions prior to beginning your graduate application
- Applications to Grad Division (Cal State Apply); opens on May 1st and closes on July 1st, 2019 for Spring 2020 admission (application term Summer 2019)
- Applications to Grad Division (Cal State Apply); opens on October 1st and closes on November 15th, 2019 for Fall 2020 admission (application term FALL 2019)
- Must hold CA CLS generalist training license (link to apply below)
- Must have taken TOEFL test (unless degree from a waivered country)
How to Reapply
- Apply to CALSTATE.EDU/APPLY
- Select the term to apply for: Summer 2019 - is the application term for Spring 2020 admission
- Sign in with your login/password (previously created)
- Click on Add a Program (if you are unable to find the CLS program to add - please click on the powerpoint below titled Reapplication and follow the instructions)
- Reapplication instructions by powerpoint.
- Maximum of 3 application attempts per person.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact cls.sfsu.edu.