Spring 2019 deadline: July 1, 2018
Fall 2019 deadline: November 1, 2018
- Application Process
- CLS Application Form (email to email@example.com) (fillable pdf form not supported by Mozilla)
- CLS Required Pre-Requisite Courses Form (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Recommendation form (applicant to sign and complete section A) (fillable pdf form not supported by Mozilla)
- Official Transcripts (must include conferred date of bachelorette degree) for all listed colleges
- Electronic transcripts: not accepted at this time
- SFSU Graduate Application (Cal State Apply) see below
- CLS Trainee License (Laboratory Field Services,CA Department of Health) see below
1. An electronic signature (or handwritten signature) must be on the application form. To create an electronic signature, click in the red signature box, and fill out the short form to create the "electronic signature". You must be in Adobe Acrobat for this feature to work.
A Font Signature WILL NOT be accepted.
2. If you can't get this to work, print the form, sign it, scan it, and email it to us prior to the deadline at email@example.com.
- Recommendations from instructors of online courses will not be considered.
- Recommendations from friends or family will not be considered.
- Form must be signed by the student and recommender.
- ONLY the LORs by recommenders listed on page 2 of the application, under references, will be considered.
Letters of Recommendation requests - helpful guidelines.
New Procedure: When filling out the electronic application form, please OPT OUT of the Evaluations and Experiences Section.
- Applications to Grad Division (Cal State Apply); opens on August 1st and closes on August 7th, 2019 for Spring 2020 admission
- Applications to Grad Division (Cal State Apply); opens on December 1st and closes on December 7th, 2018 for Fall 2019 admission
Official transcripts to Grad Division for ALL coursework, must be received by August 7th for Spring 2020 admission or December 7th for Fall 2019 admission. (must include conferred date of bachelorette degree)
How to Reapply
- Re-apply to Grad Division (Cal State Apply), submitting official transcripts for any new courses taken since your last application. If you did not apply to Grad Division previously, send in all official transcripts as noted above.
- Resubmit a CLS application form, letter of intent and CLS prerequisite course form by emailing the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resubmission of letters of recommendation is optional. No new transcripts are required unless new courses have been taken since previous application.
- Files will be held for one year by the CLS Program.
- Maximum of 3 application attempts per person.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact cls.sfsu.edu.