Dept. of Labor Modules on the CLS Profession (University of Minnesota)
CLS Occupational Guides
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists, California Occupational Guide, Employment Development Department. (PDF, 0.15MB)
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians, from the Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Articles & Reports
- The Missing Piece. Durrance, Bonnie. Northbay Biz, March 2011.
- CHA Releases Allied Health Workforce Survey Results. California Hospital Association, February 9, 2011.
- Staff Shortages in Labs May Put Patients at Risk. Landro, Laura. The Wall Street Journal, May 13, 2009.
- Shortage: Laboratory Workforce Critical Values: News for the Entire Laboratory Team. October 2008.
- The Worsening Shortage of Lab Staff: What's Being Done to Turn it Around? Kibak, Phil. Clinical Laboratory News, 14(5) May 2008.
- Health care – it's the hot field to find a job in: Demand is expected to grow 26% in 7 years. Colliver, Victoria. San Francisco Chronicle, Nov. 6, 2007.
- Hospitals put cash up front: Lab workers wanted. Thomas, Susan L. East Bay Business Times, April 7, 2006.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact cls.sfsu.edu.