Dept. of Labor Modules on the CLS Profession (University of Minnesota)
CLS Occupational Guides
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists, California Occupational Guide, Employment Development Department
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians, from the Occupational Outlook Handbook, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Articles & Reports
- The Missing Piece. Durrance, Bonnie. Northbay Biz, March 2011.
- CHA Releases Allied Health Workforce Survey Results. California Hospital Association, February 9, 2011.
- Staff Shortages in Labs May Put Patients at Risk. Landro, Laura. The Wall Street Journal, May 13, 2009.
- Shortage: Laboratory Workforce Critical Values: News for the Entire Laboratory Team. October 2008.
- The Worsening Shortage of Lab Staff: What's Being Done to Turn it Around? Kibak, Phil. Clinical Laboratory News, 14(5) May 2008.
- Health care – it's the hot field to find a job in: Demand is expected to grow 26% in 7 years. Colliver, Victoria. San Francisco Chronicle, Nov. 6, 2007.
- Hospitals put cash up front: Lab workers wanted. Thomas, Susan L. East Bay Business Times, April 7, 2006.