Spring 2021 deadline: July 1, 2020 New Application
Please click on link below to access CSUApply for Spring 2021 application
Fall 2021 deadline: November 15, 2020 New Application
- NEW Application Process - click on presentation below for detailed instructions
- Essential course grade sheet (must convert to .pdf to upload to application)
SFSU CLS letter of recommendation
- must submit three LORs through CSUapply
- Link sent to recommender with instructions from CSUapply
- LORs must be completed by the deadline date OR it will be considered late
- Recommendations from instructors of online courses will not be considered.
Letters of Recommendation requests - helpful guidelines.
New Procedure: see power point link above for detailed instructions prior to beginning your graduate application
- Applications to Grad Division (Cal State Apply); opens on May 1st and closes on July 1st, 2020 for Spring 2021 admission (application term Spring 2021)
- Applications to Grad Division (Cal State Apply); opens on October 1st and closes on November 15th, 2019 for Fall 2020 admission (application term FALL 2020)
- Must hold CA CLS generalist training license (link to apply below)
- Must have taken TOEFL test (unless degree from a waivered country)
How to Reapply
NOTE: ALL RE-APPLICATIONS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH CSUAPPLY
CLS OFFICE NO LONGER HOLDS HARD COPY APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- Apply to CALSTATE.EDU/APPLY
- Select the term to apply for: Fall 2020 - is the application term for Fall 2020 admission
- Sign in with your login/password (previously created)
- Click on Add a Program (if you are unable to find the CLS program to add - please click on the powerpoint below titled Reapplication and follow the instructions)
- Reapplication instructions by powerpoint.
- Maximum of 3 application attempts per person.
Download Adobe Reader. The documents on this website have been identified as having barriers to accessibility. The site owner is working to remedy these access barriers. If you experience problems using this site/the documents, contact cls.sfsu.edu.